Monday, June 30, 2014

Petrified Wood Floors

I've had several requests to know what I used for the floors in The Citadel, so I'm going to tell you what I used and how to get it.

 I get the "Petrified Wood" pattern from Formica.com  It comes in 12x12" samples.  No two samples are the same which makes for great varied colors.

 On the web site it's under their 180 FX grouping.  Note:  they will only send one sample per request so, if you need more, you may want to wait a couple of days then request another.  They will ship the sample at no charge.  

 Then I just use my Proxxon table saw to cut the sample into 1"  wide strips then into random lengths.



 Then I just glue it down.  I try to mix up the colors to give it a more varied look. 

7 comments:

  1. I am currently browsing the Formica website as I quickly return here to comment. They have a huge selection and its great to actually get a large sample for once. I love the way your floor shined in the Citadel, it looked very realistic. Thank you so so much for sharing this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous floors!! Thanks for the how to info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por la información. Muy bonito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! So beautiful and amazing!!

    ReplyDelete