Saturday, December 22, 2012

Butterfly House Kitchen


I'm not going to lie to you.....I LOVE this kitchen. I know I'm bragging, but I really do.  I wish I could make this in human size.  Of course, I would make it so all the doors and drawers open and close!  The only ones here that open are on the upper cabinets on the wall.

 I definitely don't think I could have done this without Elf Miniatures! Both the oven and extractor fan are kits from Elf.  I have to say I did a lot of looking at their web site to try to figure out how to make this stuff. The sink is a little metal wagon without the wheels that I painted silver and the faucet I made with aluminum tubes and a spring from a pen.

I made the cabinets from wood, aluminum piping and free laminate samples, even the striped metal on the island were free samples.  I made the floating stairs by screwing them inot the wall from the outside before putting on the siding.  The orange LeCreuset pot is a magnet from Williams Sonoma, the expresso maker and utensil holder are Rement, The bar stools are from Ebay, The trash can is also from Elf, the table is from Avi at Mninmodels on Etsy, the chairs are reac, the LED lights are from Evan Designs, The art is a piece of scrapbook paper with a little wooden frame that I made, The dining area rug is PRD Miniatures (I think...I bought it on Ebay) and the rug by the front door is a free sample from The Shade Store.

Next: either a Christmas scene or the bathroom...

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it! I want it 1:1 scale too! CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have said similar things before about your house, but THIS KITCHEN IS AMAZING!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Brag all you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. una cocina preciosa, me gusta mucho

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your kitchen and your talent and patience to create all this!
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more question if I may? how did you make the fridge handles?
    Thanks
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fridge handles are aluminum rods from Hobby Lobby. I just cut them to length and bent them with a pair of pliers with a piece of fabric inbetween the aluminum and the pliers so they wouldn't scratch the aluminum. I drilled small holes in the fridge doors and inserted the ends.

      Delete
  7. Your house is amazing! I'm SURE you will win the contest. Love love love the lighting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what's cookin? This is a fabulous kitchen and I look forward to seeing all the rooms in your fabulous Creatin' Contest entry. Once again, job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This kitchen is so hot, it's on fire. Elf Miniatures really has some cool kits, I love the ones you chose. Your kitchen really looks fantastic. Kudos! I would love to know how much time it took to build the kitchen (and the whole house for that matter), I'm so impressed and will be shocked if you don't win a bigger prize this year. I bought the kits for the Creatin' Contest, but will have to use them for the Undersized Urbanite contest instead. Just couldn't find the time this year.

    I can't wait to see what you will be working on next, this one takes the cake and I'm not sure how you will top it, but I have no doubt you will! Happy Holidays and best wishes for a joyous new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgot to say how much I love the ceiling and lighting. Gorgeous.

      Delete
  10. Everything looks great - keep up the good work! Best wishes for the New Year. Troy

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is gorgeous. Your faucet kills me, so do the cabinets. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This house is fabulous!The stairs and the ceiling lights are AWESOME! WHEW! Thanks for all of the tips and explanations.

    ReplyDelete