Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Enjoying the Outdoors

Since it's finally spring, I decided to make a little outdoor scene:

I finally went ahead with the Modfire that I made on a previous post. It looks much better with a bit of paint.  The fire is a battery operated tea light.  It would NEVER have been possible without Pepper's tutorial.

I repainted a modern kitchen set for an outside kitchen. It used to be navy blue, I also took off the hardware to give it a cleaner look.

The shelf above the kitchen set is a piece of aluminum channeling.

I've always loved these chairs.  When I was a kid, they had them in the children's section of our library.  They were red, white and yellow. They were so comfortable and so much fun to spin around in. Maybe that was where my love of modern decorating came from.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I like! Love the stainless steel look...very modern. I am getting one of those chairs from ebay whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the kitchen. The shelf is inspired, really modern and contemporary. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen is so lovely! I am envious of the folk with lovely kitchens for their wee homes XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blender for the summer kitchen - a must have item! And using a tea light for the Modfire is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitchen is absolutely super. Good job on the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww man, how did I miss this post?!?!? SO COOL!!!! I love that we have so much of the same stuff. It's cool seeing things I have but put together so awesomely. I LOVE this outdoor space. Too too cool!! The kitchen looks great, I'm going to have to borrow that aluminum channel to put above mine. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete