Friday, December 16, 2011

Refacing the Kitchen

These are the pieces that I used to make up the kitchen in the Atomic Bungalow.  The two white and beige pieces are vintage that I got off of Ebay.  I liked them the way they were and I was going to make new cabinets, but it just was a hot mess.


I cut the larger piece apart to make an upper and lower cabinet. I sanded, veneered and sanded some more to turn the pieces into this.  The blue wall cabinet was also sanded and veneered to match.  I really like the way they turned out.  The silver trim on the counter top is just stainless steel contact paper I found at Lowes.  The flooring is a cork sheet that I put a couple of coats of polyurethane on to make it shiny.  I tried to use finishes that they really used in MCM homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment